Want pasta without all the carbs? Try these options below!
Zucchini "Pasta" with Tomato Sauce
- Prep time: 15 mins
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Total time: 30 mins
- Serves: 4
- Gluten Free Zucchini “Pasta” mixed with a quick and easy tomato sauce!
- 4 zucchinis (about 4 cups), cut into thin noodles with a vegetable slicer
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ cups crushed tomatoes
- ⅛ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish if desired
- Place zucchini noodles in a colander and sprinkle with salt.
- Allow the zucchini noodles to drain. Toss and squeeze out any extra moisture. Set aside.
- Add oil to a large saucepan.
- Add is onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add in crushed tomatoes, oregano and red pepper flakes. Bring to a light simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini noodles to the sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in basil and Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately.